Ref: Dr. Hamids
Location: 2nd Floor, NYE Bevan House, Maclure Road, OL11 1DN
Provide general support to the practice team and project a friendly image to patients and visitors, in person or over the phone. Receive, assist and refer patients to the appropriate service or health professional in a courteous, effective and efficient manner. Undertake various administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice, including providing secretarial and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the practice team. Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated health care organizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and monitor office appointment system
- Handle personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensure that callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Take the post at the end of the shift, take messages, retrieve medical records
- Process repeat prescriptions according to practice guidelines.
- Cleaning and restocking of the consulting room
- Patient registration
- Update computer systems, summarize medical records using correct reading codes
- Ordering, restocking and monitoring of fixed and other supplies.
- Dealing with clinical waste, providing refreshments to staff and visitors, keeping the kitchen tidy as well as the kitchen
- Digitization of letters on the clinical system.
- Support the nursing team in quality outcomes.
In performing the duties described in the job description, the job holder may have access to confidential patient information. All this information must be treated as strictly confidential.
The incumbent will participate in any training program implemented by the firm in connection with this employment, such as training including: Participating in an annual performance review, including taking responsibility for their own development, learning and performance.
Alert other team members to quality issues and risks, evaluate own performance and take responsibility for own actions, contribute to team effectiveness, work effectively with individuals.
Communicate effectively with other team members, patients and caregivers.
Contact: Nathan Finn