PAID CONTRACT: November 15 – March 31
- Work from home in a dynamic environment to cover the sport of World Cup cross-country skiing at the recreational level.
- Support North American coverage of prestigious international events, including the 2022 Winter Olympics and the FIS Ski Tour.
- Introduce and share the cross-country skiing lifestyle through product reviews, sports science analysis, and interviews with athletes, coaches and key sports professionals.
As a part-time reporter, you will take charge of weekly content and in-season racing reporting. This will include creating engaging content that will serve the FasterSkier readership, stay tuned to all aspects and levels of sport participants, cover the latest news and submit articles in a timely manner.
REPORTS TO: Editor-in-chief
- Winter Race Reports: Cover 1-2 races per World Cup venue, with additional reports if needed during Tour de Ski and Olympic Winter Games.
- Contribute to 1 feature film per month.
- Contribute 2-3 additional stories per month, excluding race reports.
- Generate original ideas that you can take from the drawing board to the final draft.
- Ensure the site publishes race reports and race follow-ups in a timely manner. Usually one story per gender / per race for World Cup and Olympic events.
- Contribute to FasterSkier social media accounts / channels in coordination with staff.
- Strong writing skills. The work should require minimal editing.
- Organization, ability to meet deadlines, initiative and creativity to present unique ideas.
- Most of the races take place in Europe. Must be willing to work early in the morning and on weekends.
- Compensation is based on experience and scaled according to the frequency of contribution.
Please submit a resume and writing sample to [email protected]