Job Title: 1.0 FTE Music Teacher (K-12)
Fishers Island is a small community that is part of Suffolk County, NY. Accessible only by boat from southeast Connecticut, our PreK-12 school has an approximate annual enrollment of 65 students. The island is home to approximately 250 year-round residents, and our school population is a mix of island residents and tuition-paying Connecticut residents who commute daily. The Fishers Island Union Free School District School Board is seeking a highly qualified 1.0 FTE Music Teacher to begin the 2022-2023 school year.
- Plan and teach music lessons for K-12 students, including elementary general music, choir, orchestra, instrumental lessons, music technology, and music theory.
- Adapt and personalize learning activities to meet students’ diverse learning styles, work strategies, and talents.
- Enable all students to pursue their personal interests and become active participants in setting their own educational goals and managing their own learning.
- Teach and model safe skills in the classroom and promote hands-on learning.
- Promote and model citizenship, responsibility and innovative thinking.
- Design, develop, and evaluate learning experiences that incorporate effective and contemporary tools and resources to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in New York State and national standards
- Continually improve professional practice, model lifelong learning, and demonstrate academic leadership.
Terms: Current New York State certification or eligibility for NY State certification required.
Advantages: Very competitive salary and benefits per teaching contract. Faculty housing available.
Start date: July 1, 2022
Assignment Location – Fishers Island, NY
Applications: Full applications due before May 13, 2022
Interested and qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume, transcripts, certification, and 3 letters of reference to: Principal Christian Arsenault at [email protected]